Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. Join to save your favorites for later.
intensely chocolate sables
- 1 cup (125 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (30 grams) Dutched cocoa powder (see Updated Note)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (1 stick, 4 ounces or 115 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup (100 to 135 grams) granulated sugar (less for a more bittersweet cookie)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 ounces (100 grams) semi- or bittersweet chocolate, grated or finely chopped until almost powdery in a food processor
- Coarse sugar (turbinato/sugar in the raw or decorative) for sprinkling
DirectionsView on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?