Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. Join to save your favorites for later.
french onion tart + uk cookbook release
- 2 cups (250 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick, 4 ounces or 113 grams) chilled butter, in cubes
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 1/2 pounds yellow onions (about 4 medium), halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Scant 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 cup low-sodium beef, veal or mushroom stock/broth
- 2 teaspoons cognac, brandy or vermouth (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces or 60 grams) grated Gruyere, Comte or Swiss cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (half-and-half and milk work too, but cream tastes best)
DirectionsView on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?