Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. Join to save your favorites for later.
Union Square Cafe’s Mashed Turnips with Crispy Shallots
- 1½ pounds turnips or rutabagas, peeled and coarsely diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup shallots (about 6 large shallots), peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Pinch of minced fresh parsley, for garnish
DirectionsView on Cookstr
Why don't we display directions?
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 168kcal (8%)|
|Total Fat 15g (24%)|
|Saturated Fat 10g (48%)|
|Cholesterol 52mg (17%)|
|Total Carbohydrate 7g|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|