Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. Join to save your favorites for later.
Short-Rib Beef Stew with Ale
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp hot paprika
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pounds bone-in beef short ribs, trimmed of excess fat
- 4 strips thick-cut bacon
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bottle (12 oz.) a malty brown ale (we used Newcastle Brown ale)
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) whole peeled tomatoes, chopped and juices reserved
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold or russet potatoes
- 2 large carrots
- 1 pound turnips (optional)
DirectionsView on Simply Recipes
Why don't we display directions?