Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. Join to save your favorites for later.
Red Velvet Cake Recipe
- 2 3/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon sifted cake flour or 2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour, plus more for coating the pans
- 2 teaspoons fine salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons (1 [1-ounce] bottle) red food coloring
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter , at room temperature, plus more for coating the pans
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs , at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest (from 1 to 2 oranges; optional)
- 1 cup whole or low-fat buttermilk
- 1 1/2 sticks (6 ounces) unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 1 pound cream cheese , at room temperature
- 1 pound (4 cups) sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole milk , if needed
DirectionsView on Chow
Why don't we display directions?