Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. Join to save your favorites for later.
- 4 ounces guajillo, ancho, or a combination of both, chili pods
- 1 large (108 ounce, 6 lb 12 oz, 3 kg) can white hominy, drained and rinsed
- 3 lbs pork shoulder (preferably with bone), cut into 1 to 1 1/2 inch cubes (can also use pork shanks), make sure to use a cut well marbled with fat
- 8 cloves garlic, 4 cloves roughly chopped, and 4 whole cloves
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp of dry oregano (Mexican oregano if available)
- Half a small cabbage, thinly sliced
- One bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 4 limes, quartered
- A bunch of red radishes, sliced thin
- A couple dozen tostada shells*
DirectionsView on Simply Recipes
Why don't we display directions?