Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. Join to save your favorites for later.
Portobello & Polenta Potpie
- 2 lbs. portobello or crimini mushrooms (or your favorites) sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 lb. filet mignon diced in 1-inch cubes
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 medium shallot minced
- 1 medium sweet onion coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 cup cabernet shiraz or burgundy
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley plus sprigs for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped each fresh thyme and rosemary plus blooming sprigs for garnish
- freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mozzarella sliced or 1 1/2 cups sliced low-moisture mozzarella
- 1 1/2 cups regular polenta
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
DirectionsView on PBS Food
Why don't we display directions?