Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. Join to save your favorites for later.
Guinea fowl tagine with chickpeas, squash & apricots
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 guinea fowl , jointed like a chicken (ask your butcher to do this or see our video on how to joint a chicken, in 'Try', below)
- 2 onions , roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves , chopped
- 1 butternut squash or small pumpkin, peeled, deseeded and cut into large chunks
- 1 tbsp ras-el-hanout
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- tsp ground ginger
- 1 large cinnamon stick
- small squeeze of clear honey
- large pinch of saffron , soaked in 1 tbsp boiling water
- juice 1 lemon
- 850ml chicken stock
- 400g can chickpeas , drained and rinsed
- 200g dried apricots
- small bunch coriander
- couscous or rice, to serve
DirectionsView on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?