Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. Join to save your favorites for later.
French Onion Soup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 pounds onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour (rice flour for gluten free)
- 1 cup red wine (or beef or vegetable broth + 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar)
- 3 cups beef or vegetable broth
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 1/2 inch thick slices of day old bread, toasted
- 1 cup gruyere, grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan, grated
DirectionsView on Closet Cooking
Why don't we display directions?