Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. Join to save your favorites for later.
Crostini with Salted European-Style Butter, Smoked Sardines, and Pepper Cress
- 4½-inch-thick slices from a bâtard (or 8 slices from a baguette or 2 slices from a large round rustic white loaf, cut in half)
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing the bread
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons salted, Europeanstyle butter, softened just to a spreadable (not oily) consistency
- 1/8 small red onion, cut through the core and thinly sliced (about 40 slices)
- 4 fillets canned smoked sardines, backbones removed
- 24 stems pepper cress or live watercress
- Sea salt
DirectionsView on Cookstr
Why don't we display directions?
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 268kcal (13%)|
|Total Fat 10g (15%)|
|Saturated Fat 5g (26%)|
|Cholesterol 29mg (10%)|
|Total Carbohydrate 37g|
|Dietary Fiber 2g|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|