Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. Join to save your favorites for later.
Basic Lentil Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium celery stalk, small dice
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and small dice
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, small dice
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 quart low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes with their juices
- 1 1/4 cups lentils (any color except red), rinsed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 2 ounces spinach leaves (about 1/2 a bunch)
DirectionsView on Chow
Why don't we display directions?