Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. Join to save your favorites for later.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour spooned and leveled
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 cups packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups Basic Applesauce (recipe below) or store-bought chunky applesauce
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Confectioners' sugar optional
- 3 lbs. apples cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 to 4 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
DirectionsView on PBS Food
Why don't we display directions?