Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. Join to save your favorites for later.
Ale and Cheddar Soup
- 1/2 pound bacon (preferably smoked or double smoked), cut into 1 inch slices (omit and replace with 2 tablespoons of oil or butter for vegetarian)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2+ jalapeno peppers, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour (rice flour for gluten free)
- 1 (~12 ounce) bottle/can ale (gluten free for gluten free)
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- cayenne to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
DirectionsView on Closet Cooking
Why don't we display directions?